The 33 Project
Good morning! It’s another Thursday and I’m back with the weekly recs. The past week has been a total whirlwind. Susannah’s sister had the most beautiful wedding upstate, I traveled to Atlanta for a one-day shoot, and I’ve only had two pandemic-themed stress dreams in the last seven days! Here’s a picture of a flower at the lake off Susannah’s house.
Should we just move on to the recs? I think so.
1/ “If there’s such a thing as a “soft closing” of the COVID crisis, this latest juncture might be it.”
2/ The A League of Their Own reboot came out last week and so far, I’m into it!
It’s wonderful to have something so beloved reimagined in a way that is expands the existing universe and embraces new themes. Looking forward to continuing the series. Also, here’s a nice little interview with show creator Abbi Jacobsen on how the work resonates with her own personal life.
3/ Strategies for dealing with difficult coworkers. Just posting this here for anyone who may need it. A few takeaways:
- Remember different perspectives and dynamics — be open to different interpretations. They may have a rational belief in something you think is irrational, but you have to be empathetic in order to improve your relationship.
- Find allies to get advice on that person and provide that necessary different perspective.
- Being direct is not always the right choice — assess the risk.
- One thing that may help, ask them for advice.
- Focus on what you can change within your control and not on changing others by brute force.
That’s it for this week. Feel free to share this newsletter with anyone you think may be interested.
See you next Thursday.